Hi everyone. Got this Starflyte a couple of months ago, and we had a deadline for a camping trip that was scheduled with the family 6 hours away at Kerr Lake, NC. My wife and I got the camper from a family friend, and shortly after bringing it home (the next day), started the gut out. We were shooting for a more modern renovation, rather than a restoration. We are more concerned with making it comfortable for us rather than stay with a flashback 1970 edition. So, I'll now try to post up pics for the first time, and hope it works. The first is the day we brought it home. Wife was a little let down by its current state.
just a side pic of post paint job my wife and mother did. You can also see the soot on the camper from trying out the hot water heater. It was t-minus 3 days to camp, so I said "bump it" we will figure out the water heater later. Ended up fixing it at the camp site, and it was mud-daubers (sp?) that had filled the propane tube 90% full of mud. After a good cleaning, it heats the water awesome
passenger side, with all polished drips and windows. Didnt have time to do the wings yet. Also, the PO had installed an aftermarket door in which he "left some to be desired". I will fix that at some point
just thought it was a cool pic. I was really nervous to tow this trailer, in which I had no experience with before. It took about 6 hours and 300 miles to get there. I had repacked the wheelbearings, new tires and new seals, but still......hard to have faith in something thats 42 years old and you have never trailered before. Went off without a hitch (no pun intended)
Again at Kerr Lake. You can see that I use the furnace vent hole for the new power cord (30 Amp), and ran all PEX pipe in the camper, fed to from under the hot water heater. The fridge access panel is going to be used for A/C, and I'll add a pic when thats done
The thing that stunk was that we had no room to put on our awning that is original. We had a single site, and it was to skinny to set out a pole type awning. I still have allot to do, and have done more since the trip that was about 3 weeks ago, but also didnt show everything that was done. I had also made a 37 gallon stainless steel blackwater tank, all new plumbing, new elctrical panel, lights, fridge etc. I will post more pics as soon as I take them.
thanks. I did work quite a few nights after work from 5-9pm, and all weekends. It took one whole weekend to remove/polish/replace all the windows. Here are a few more pics, firstly the blackwater tank I am pretty proud of. 316 stainless.