Began painting last night using the roll-on method. Second coat just finished this morning. Bavarian creme is a nice change from solid white and should complement the aqua once I paint the bottom. Hope to do a third coat in the afternoon if this coat dries.
Painted all weekend. Still have to touch up some spots before laying the aqua paint. It's finally starting to be a fun project after a summer lost to bull work. Signing up window gutters but have a few installed. Then begin electrical systems so I can begin closing up walls.
Began running new wires to the new exterior lights after work. Got dark so I used a headlamp to work. Tested the two front beehives with a battery charger and the lit up beautifully. Wiring is super simple. I can't believe how fast it is going. After that I run the interior wiring and start putting up birch.
Got all the lights working on first try. Things are moving quickly as I insulate, run AC and dc wires and install 1/8 birch. Expensive at $40 per sheet plus tax. Also ordered many nice nautical reading and ceiling lights. Baby moons came in and I tried them on. Perfect fit.
Even tho it's a different shape, cudos for the original Bargman part. They are a bit difficult to find, and I can about imagine what kind of price you paid for that. The new chrome finish is going to be a really nice touch and worth the finding...
Post by boandsusan on Nov 24, 2012 10:20:01 GMT -5
Off the subject, I just wanted to say, that of the thousands of pictures I`ve seen of campers....this little camper is in the top 10 of my favorites. I come to the sob section often to look for posts and progress on her/him
This is turning out just gorgeous! And no, you are not nuts. Our neighbors thought we had lost our minds when we were working on Hamlet, and now they are just in awe. And all the naysayers around you will be, too.