Those lights are my favorites. They came from an early 60’s atomic plant and weigh 27 pounds each.
I got some 3/4” pink rigid foam insulation board and cut out all the pieces for the curb side wall. It’s a lot easier to do if you can trace it out before the interior sheeting goes on. It only took one 4’x8’ sheet and a piece 1’x4’ to do the whole side. I started with the biggest sections first, traced it, shifted it so that I didn't trace out the framing, and traced the next one. That way, you save material and you make half the cuts. The right side mark of one piece is the left side of the next… and you don’t need to insulate the wheel wells.
I’ll probably glue and nail the interior panels on this evening and the prime the exterior side; then I can start on the road side wall.
I can take my sawzall to the old walls now since I won't need them for reference anymore and start pulling the floor to work on the frame and suspension.
6/12/13: Finally got rid of that mouse poo smell
Weekend update 6/16/13: I put a wire brush cup on my side grinder and cleaned up the frame and axle, got a coat of primer and paint on everything and now I’m waiting on my new springs and grease seals. The suspension bolts were in good shape, so I cleaned them up. They have grease fittings (wet bolts) and castle nuts with cotter pins so they can be re-used. I also removed the jack from the frame and am attempting to take it apart to refurbish, there’s lots of rust holding the handle on. I cut the plywood for my floor and put a coat of sealer on the underside – I’m using ½” plywood without the Celotex.
Last Edit: Jun 16, 2013 16:28:28 GMT -5 by Bob: Update