Post by isuzusponge on May 29, 2013 2:58:49 GMT -5
So, I started with the wheels. Had the rotten tires removed and disposed of at Les Schwab. Due to about 5 coats of brown house paint and rust, I had them sandblasted so I could start with a clean slate. After leaving them with my friend for about a month, and getting nothing more than a base coat sprayed on them, I picked them up and took them to another friends shop, Brand X Customs in Everett. He helped me sand them smooth again and fill the rust pits. Then, we put about 4 coats of bright yellow. After baking them in my oven at home for a few hours each, I took them back to Les Schwab and had a pair of my wide whites mounted up. I'll post pics as soon as I can figure it out again. Next step will be getting them on the Astroflyte and flipping the axle back to its original position. I'll probably check and repack the bearings while I'm at it.