Post by boandsusan on May 29, 2013 23:20:58 GMT -5
No guys to all the above. I`m re-posting the restore/fix of a past project as I had vikx delete the last one due to the pics all been lost. This is the Compact we did with a front dinette and an under the bed AC. Its taking me a while as I`m not familiar with Photobucket
Post by boandsusan on May 29, 2013 23:35:34 GMT -5
We found this metal strap and understand that other members have come across them in their trailers too. Its above the rear window and have no idea what use it was as it was attached at the bottom but not the top?
I figured 13 sheets of 1/4 inch Birch for the interior (including wardrobe, benches and new kitchen facinc etc). I shellacked on a plastic covered pool table inside the house as I wanted it to dry in the AC . This is, one sheet raw, 1 sheet with one coat and one sheet with 3 coats Sanded lightly with sand paper between each coat. We decided on 3 coats but had the interior been larger, we would go with 4-5 coats of amber shellac.
The weather was starting to warm up at this point so we decided to get the AC installed. We started by running the ac on a stand and determining where the water built up on the base. We had to remove the top and sides of the unit to do this. Once we found the lowest point in the floor of the AC, Bo drilled a 3/4 inch hole for the water to drain. Then we placed the AC in place and marked the trailer floor, where the drain hole needed to be. We drilled a hole through the camper floor for the drain tube.
Last Edit: May 30, 2013 1:00:26 GMT -5 by boandsusan